Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Ok, I don't like to admit that Valentine's Day is a "Hallmark" holiday. Because, let's just say it... everyone likes to be told how much they mean to the person they love!! But, this year, just like in every other area of our lives, we've cut back. So, this year, my sweet darling got me a $2 box of chocolates, and a card, and I made a home made card for him... For our sweet babies, instead of toys or candy, I found these SUPER darling plates...

They are like the "Wooly Willy" toy that you find with the magnet shavings. So fun to construct!!

This was Penny's Lunch... Turkey and cheese pinwheels for her hair, and peach dangly ear-rings.



This is Finn's lunch: Strawberry curly hair, Fluffy cream cheese mustache with ritz crackers and cheese shirt. :)

Here they are, gobbling up their lunch!!

And this was the scene shortly after... Penny is usually really messy and so I held off giving her her chocolate milk until later in her meal. But I heard Finn offering a drink of his chocolate milk to her, getting out of his chair and gently holding it for her to have a little drink. He did it several times, and I was so pleased to know that they are finally "falling in love" with each other. They are finally finding joy in playing with one another and learning to be kind and loving towards one another. What an answer to prayer, after a rough few months.


2 comments:

Jenney said...

Those plates are super cute! And isn't it precious when kids get along?

Jessica said...

Okay where have I been, somehow I've missed ALL your blog post! I have so much to say about this post--First, those plates have my approval sooooo cute! Next, good job cutting back, we're doing that this year too (well mainly me, Rob spends NO money whatsoever--but it's harder than one may think!!! And finally, I'm so glad your kiddos are getting along, it's such a joy!