Saturday, June 18, 2011

Big Girl Bed



For weeks, I saw this day coming and just was unsure of when it would actually happen. Ocassionally when she doesn't want to go to sleep or to nap, Penny will put her legs up on top of the rails of her bed. I've always scolded her for it, but knew she'd get brazen enough to actually climb over. Recently, Finnegan has been entertaining his sister in the morning before we are up. On Friday, Finnegan went in and visited Penny before coming to see us. After he left her room, I was standing in our bathroom in a heard a thud, and then little pitter patter of her feet down the hallway. I knew exactly what the sound was. She ran into our room and bathroom with a huge smile on her face! She was so proud of herself. So knew that that would be the last day in her crib.

And since it was a Friday, it was a perfect opportunity for her daddy to work with her on each nap and bedtime routine to keep her in her bed. The first night, she only got out once, although she woke up once during the night crying and really inconsolable, well, accept until Daddy visited one last time. :) She also was sleeping on the floor when we checked on her right before our bedtime. I remember those days with Finn :) And at nap today, I went up to get her, and she was just sitting in her bed, waiting for us to come get her. :)

Here is a picture of her big girl bed, and our sweet princess, enjoying her new space. :)




1 comment:

Jenney said...

Wow! I can't believe she's that old already. Second borns figure stuff our FAST!