The vanilla is ready!! I waited patiently and now it's time to give my gifts away! I was super excited to bottle it up and will share it with my Bible Study gals this week. I don't know if any of you have done this, but it was pretty cool! I deviated a bit from the bottling instructions. After spending all the $$ on the vanilla beans, I just couldn't throw them in the trash without scraping the seeds from inside and adding back to the extract. I cook with vanilla paste and love seeing the seeds in my baked goods. So I added it to my formula. I was happy with how it turned out and have even used it in a recipe or two.
If your a friend of mine on FB, check out the sweet comment made by my sister in law regarding her vanilla that arrived in the mail earlier this week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment