So when you fly an airplane, most pilots/aircraft personnel have a handle. We all remember the name "Goose" from Top Gun and those like it. Well, a handle tends to be a nickname that is given and used over the airwaves, and in the work place.
I was informed last night, that my darling husband now has a handle... one that will stick with him for a while, as it will be embroidered on his flight suit... "Doogie". As in Doogie Howser, MD.

I remember watching it and enjoying the show... I asked Ken why... I thought it was because of his youthful look to him compared with how smart he is, but he told me that it is because he can fix anything on a computer... sort of how Doogie summed up his day on his HUGE computer at the end of each episode.
Either way, it's kind of fun for him to be "accepted" into the Naval community with this name. Not everyone has a handle, so he is of the elite, I suppose. Either way, I'm proud of him, and can't wait to see his name tags :)
3 comments:
So, I enjoy the show "How I Met Your Mother", so looking at that old school picture of NPH is hilarious.
Not a terrible name to be assigned!
Why am I not surprised?? (in my best Gilbert Godfrey voice) Love you "Doogie"!!!
That is so fun! Tell him congratulations! Hope you and yours are all well. Miss reading your blog.
Post a Comment