Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Sweets...

I'm a sucker for anything that is holiday inspired. I just think that it's fun. So, for Valentine's day, I made my sweet hubby these cookies out of some leftover dough that I had in the freezer, and some simple icing... Granted mine didn't look this beautiful, but it was fun to "whip" them up.

For his Valentine's breakfast I'm making him yummy stuffed french toast. Another, simple recipe, with simple ingredients, but something that I don't make all the time. 2

And tonight, I made a delicious raspberry lemonade drink that was a nice deep red color... and everyone had some :)

Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie

(** Keep in mind that most of this is not measured... just guessed)
1/4 cup (or so) of Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
1/2 cup - 1 cup of crushed ice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
2 tsp sugar ( or to taste)

Add all of these things in the blender and turn it on until it's nicely whipped. If it's a little too thick you can add more water.

Super Yummy, and super adaptable to ANY kind of drink you like. You can also use orange juice concentrate and add in some whip topping for an "orange julius" type drink. YUMO!!

I also made these this morning... I didn't have a donut pan, so I just used a mini muffin pan and then dipped them in frosting and we put on sprinkles. They were SUPER good. Next time, I'll make a double batch, because 24 little ones went really fast :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jenney said...

Do you ever read "I am Baker"? Amanda does some AMAZING things with sweets. Sounds like your husband is going to have a great time eating this Valentine's Day!