A couple of weeks ago, Ken and I decided that we would try to save some money on things we already buy, and purchase using coupons. So, I've taken a crack at it. I've bought a couple of papers and subscribe to a couple of websites for help. And I think I'm getting the hang of it. But will definitely give it a couple more weeks before I make a definite decisions on if we'll do it long term.
Here's my first attempt break down: (all of these were from Target)
- Huggies Diapers: $4 =$8 (target sale price) - $1.50 (MC) - $2.50(TC)
- Huggies Pullups: $ 5 = $8(tsp) - $1.50 (MC) - $1.50 (TC)
- Circo Socks: FREE = $1 - $1(TC)
- Easter Candy Eggs (4 total): $.50 each = $1.00 each (x4) = 4 - $1/2 (MC) x2
- Skinny Diet Pepsi Cans (8 cans): $1.99 = $1.99x2 - BOGO coupon (MC)
- Suave Deodorant (2 sticks): $.94 = $.97x2= $1.94- $1/2 coupon = $.47 each
- Tweezers: $.24 JUST ABOUT FREE! = $2.24-$2(MC)
- Kraft Ez Mac (4pack x 2packages): $4.58 = $3.04x2 = $6.04-$1.50(MC)
- Kraft 8oz Cheese (2 packages) $1.58 ($.79c each) = $2.04x2= 4.08- $1.50 (MC) - $1.00 (TC) ** only one is pictured above because my princess was carrying it around**
And then the MOST exciting news... I spent $21.74 of goods, while saving $20.97... And I took part of that $$ and bought some pants... 8 pairs of pants to be exact (see photo). These are Circo, double lined pants, retailing for $7 a piece, and I got them all for $1.75 a piece, for a total of $14 for 8 pairs of pants. Super excited about this purchase. All different sizes, and colors... Super excited about that!!
I'll keep you posted on other deals.
Also, post comments on other helpful hints to help me with my new "hobby". :)
7 comments:
Coupons always seem so exciting to me, but they are never for anything I actually use. So glad you were able to save $20, that's pretty cool! And mad props to you for find $1.75 pants!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE couponing! If you haven't tried the drugstore programs yet you definitely should soon!
I've started doing the same thing. Of course I don't have a lot of time when I'm in school but every little bit saved helps.
There are a lot of websites out there. Some are store specific, some regional.
*Karin*
I have a binder that I carry with me when I go grocery shopping. I use the clear baseball card sheets to put my coupons in. I separated them by categories (dairy, meat, baby, household items, etc.) and place them in order of expiration date with the ones ending soonest at the front.
If you don't already know who she is or follow her, I found The Krazy Coupon Lady on Facebook and her website is REALLY informative! There is a beginners tab and in there you can find a link to download 36 different categories for your binder! I don't have a printer or I'd be all over more couponing! I can only do what we get in the newspapers from friends and family!
One day I WILL conquer this!
Sometimes I'm more into couponing then others, but I'm sure glad you blogged about the free socks at Target:) I printed off a coupon immediately and got a new pair for Brooklyn:)
Keep the info coming. I recently started using coupons (better) and I am actually posting about last night's adventure today! Thanks for the help!!!!
Great job, Erin! I've been couponing for almost 3 years, and it's been SO worth it for stewarding our resources well. The blog Hip2Save.com has a huge readership, and she posts a huge volume of deals and giveaways, which is fun. Also, since you're new at it, I'd definitely read up on the Buy-Ahead Principle (if you're not familiar with it), which is HUGE to couponing... http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/03/how-to-build-a-stockpile.html
Have fun!
Post a Comment