This birthday was unlike any other birthday I've had. I'm in that category of people that if they don't get something for Christmas, they can always just wait and ask for it again for their birthday. Well, I had a hard time for a Christmas list this year, and then when my birthday rolled around, I really didn't have anything that I wanted. Literally, nothing I'd had my eye on, or something that I thought I wanted, or something that I thought would be fun to do. NOTHING. Which in reality, really stressed my husband out. And to be perfectly honest, I was sort of melancholy about the whole thing anyway. I thought that there were people in my life who would forget my birthday, as it does sort of sneak up on people.
The day started off as a bust. The babes that I birthed, decided that 7am would be a good time to get up and my darling husband decided that it would be fine to have all 4 of us "rest" in the bed together... needless to say, having 4 people (two of which are prone to squirming) in a double sized bed, wasn't my idea of a happy birthday! Then, we tried to get out the door for church, at the last minute... UGH, i was NOT in a good mood. Anyway, church helped to change my perspective (as it always does) and our day ended up very nice. We arrived home from church to find TWO surprise gifts at my door. Some lovely flowers and chocolates left by my sweet friend Alison, and my darling friend Jen dropped off a little gift... simply priceless friends, they are!
I made dinner (Yummy Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans) and Ken took us to Starbucks, Blockbuster for a movie (just like the old days) and then to Kohls for a bit of a stroll. After sunday dinner, the kids napped and we watched Avatar in BluRay (which I highly recommend) and enjoy some bakery cupcakes that Ken purchased for us. It was a nice day, and I spent it doing what I always want to do... spend time with my husband and enjoy his company!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Erin! And the last post...such a cute picture of Penny!
Post a Comment