Friday, May 20, 2011

Doomsday??

So, according to this so called christian group, May 21, 2011 is Doomsday, the day that Jesus is suppose to return back to Earth and take all of those who believe back to Heaven.

I am a Christian. And I believe that Jesus will return to Earth and claim those which are His. However, I don't believe it will be tomorrow. But, it did get me thinking... All this doomsday talk and "business" ventures that have turned up has gotten me about my children. Ok, so the Bible NEVER says what will happen to children in the rapture, or in eternity. We as humans have come up with all these ideas of how it will work and all (and No, I haven't read Love Wins yet). But since we don't know, I got slightly concerned about my sweet babies, who have yet to make a personal decision about Jesus yet. These are questions I'd never been faced with (since I've just had kids -- well within the last 4 years). So, here is the question I was plagued with... If (and when) the rapture happens, and my children aren't taken, because (of age) they haven't made a decision about Jesus, who will take care of them? Will they become victim to the evil left on Earth? UGH.

So I did what any woman does when these questions plague my brain, I posed it to my husband. And you know what he told me? The perfect answer that I needed at the moment and still rely on... the reminder that is always needed... "Don't you think that God is big enough to take care of it? Let him worry about them."

Oh, ok, I will! I will love and obey God, and follow him and let him take care of the details that I can't control.

1 comment:

Beth S. said...

So it's my believe that all are predestined to believe or not to believe. That's what the Bible says. But you're right, what about the children before the age of accountability. . . Same question, about babies, and toddlers that die. My belief is, as hard as it is to accept sometimes, that we are predestined to believe or not to believe before the foundation of the earth. Even though babies and children are not able to express with words if they believe or do not believe, God knows the heart. He knows if they've been chosen by him. Even an untimely death in our eyes is not untimely to God. Our days are numbered from well before we were even conceived. So, no worries. . . God has already made a plan for F and P.