So my sweet Finnegan got his first haircut today! And his HGLS (Happy Go Lucky Syndrome) really came through!! When we entered the salon, there was another little guy in the chair that Finnegan was gonna ride in so we had to wait. This little boy was crying and wailing and didn't want anything to do with getting a haircut. I think the gal doing the cut, was getting a little frustrated because he wouldn't stay still and she was having a bit of difficulty. I could tell when she was done, she didn't take her time to "style" it or anything... just a quick brush and he was finished. Poor little guy. I was a bit afraid that Finnegan would do the same thing... but he did very well. We put him up in the seat and he looked right in the mirror. He just sat in the seat and was very patient.
Here's the first cut... He sat like this the whole time. He played with the lap toy a bit; it made sounds and sang, but he didn't want much to do with it. We even got a smile out of him.
He even let her use the clippers to even out the back and cut his sideburns. I was very proud of him. He got a bit squirmy at one point, but did very well. "Mom, are they almost done??"
All done, my sweetie. And he was happy. And except for a little spit up (ok, a lot of spit up) he did great! No Crying, No whining, No wailing... Just Happy Go Lucky Little Finnegan!

Now, he really looks like a boy... none of this "girl" name calling anymore! When we were ready to leave, they gave us a little card, with a polaroid photo (yes, I said polaroid) and a small lock of his hair. On the card, it had the date with his age and an update of how he did during his first haircut. What a snazzy little dude!


1 comment:
Hey Erin!
I saw that you had a blog and I just had to check it out because I am such a blog junkie and also because the pic of your cutie on Jenney's wall on facebook. Anyway, what a wonderful baby to not even fuss during his first haircut! My little one is pretty easy going with the definite exclusion of hair cuts!
I have a blog too www.justanothersmith.blogspot.com
Have a great day!
Megan (Beachy) Smith
Post a Comment