Tuesday, April 1, 2008

6 month appointment

So Finnegan turned 6 months during the month of March. Unfortunately, I just took him to the doctor for his 6 month appointment yesterday and I now have the statistics that you all have been waiting for.

Born: 7lb, 6oz.
6months: 19lb, 12oz - over 50% in weight

Born: 20 inches
6 months: 27inches - 75% in height

I was sure he was over 20lbs but I guess not!! :) We have another month or two before we'll have to move him out of his carrier into a convertible car seat.

Our little boy continues to amaze us with his temperment... He sat perfectly still while they did a prick of his toe and gave him one shot. But He did not want to lay down while the doctor examined him. He became very upset and didn't want anything to do with the doctor... until he began to tickle him! :) Hopefully he'll get used to seeing the doctor.

____

As an extension of the Vaccine discussion that I've been having, I have decided that we will do an adjusted vaccine schedule. Finn has been fully vaccinated through his 4th month according to the CDC's requirements. But now he will follow an adjusted schedule that will require us to visit the doctor every couple of months to see the nurse and get a vaccine or two. This new schedule will require him to only get one or two vaccines at one time. He will have more than 20 vaccine visits under the new schedule rather than the 13 than the CDC has set up. I don't mind this as it won't cost us any more money, just a little extra time to visit the nurse for shots (no co-pay even). Again, all of our children will be vaccinated just not under the schedule of the CDC. I respect this organization for all their work and research and know that there are a multitude of reasons to vaccinate. And I don't agree that not vaccinating is the answer. So that is what we've decided... Vaccinating with caution. :)

No comments: