Friday, April 30, 2010

Move Update

Friends -

Many of you know that Ken and I are in the midst of a coast to coast move. And boy are things getting hectic. Just a little over a week ago, we learned we'd be coming to our new state to find a home and that our final move date would be mid-June. I feel like it should be the first week of April and yet tomorrow is the first day of May!

We are here in our new state, and looking for a home. We'd seen several before visiting that we wanted to see. But since speaking with a mortgage lender, our list has been narrowed down. On our first day in town, we visited 6 homes in 4 hours, and were convinced we hadn't seen all that we needed to see. Later that night, Ken and I along with Penelope, drove all over creation and visited about 12 other homes, driving by them at night, taking a look at the neighborhoods and then later reporting back to our agent about more homes that we were interested in. Late last night, we emailed her our top three from the day as well as 6 others that we were interested in. Of the new six, only 3 were truely available, and only one was worth looking at. So, today we viewed our top two from the first day, and then the third.

Essentially, we have three homes: A 2007 3 floor town-home, a 2004 2 story home, and a 1994 2 story foreclosed home. Both independent homes need some form of work. The 2004 home needs more major projects for a contractor/skilled tradesman to finish, and the foreclosed home has more work for us/general help to do. So, we've decided that perhaps we will begin making offers on these homes starting with the 2007 home (which has been on the market longer than Penny has been alive) and then move down the line to the others.

It's been a long trip so far, and we have a day or so left. We attempted to get on base today, but I wasn't permitted to be on base without a special pass. But you can see some pretty cool planes from the road... and we saw several fighter jets flying over while we were looking at homes.

We'll keep you posted on how things go. I've been bathing these homes in prayer for the past 2 days and know that God will work out the details.

Love you friends... I'll post when we've landed on the other coast!! :)

PS -- our toddler is not with us while we're here. We thought we'd be able to get a bit more work done without him here and it's proven to be true, although Penelope is a handful herself :) But she's proving to be more flexible that I thought she would be. We miss Finn ALOT and find ourselves talking about him alot. Can't wait to get my arms around my little buddy!!

1 comment:

Jenney said...

Good luck with the house hunting, I do NOT miss it one bit! So glad our feet are landed and we will never move again (ok, never say never)
I can't believe how big Penelope is getting! So cute :o)