
So, here it is. This is the home that we put an offer on and were awarded... so far! Any of you who have purchased a home before, know that the journey of home ownership is a long one of numbers and signatures. And to do it long distance is just as difficult. But that is who it works this time. So, we won't dwell on the negative, but look to the positive and all of the design and decorating ideas :)
The house has four bedrooms as well as a family room, kitchen, formal living room and formal dining room... about 1000 square feet more than our current home... PLUS an unfinished basement.
So, I've been thinking through colors that could work with our current living room furniture, without doing the same brown color on the walls. I've found a design website that has a beautiful dark teal color on the walls with brown/khaki and red accents (which is what our furniture is). I'm contemplating consulting the interior designer for some color flow ideas from one room the the other, as this is something that I've never done. We'll see what we come up with.
The kids room ideas are coming together. Finnegan would like a "train" room. So we'll probably do a lower key paint job and do art centered around trains. Penny's room will also have a simple low key paint job (perhaps two colors) and then the bird theme that she has in her room currently, but a bit different, perhaps.
As we get moved in and get things rolling, I'll post photos of how things are going. :)
1 comment:
Your new house is HUGE! It looks so nice, I hope that you indeed get it and that you have fun decorating...always a fun thing when you move! So happy for you!!!
Post a Comment