Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Craft Hour



As our move gets closer and closer, I've been trying to wrack my brain for ideas to keep our hotel/airplane as uncluttered as I can, but also to take things and prepare so the kids don't get too bored. One idea that I had was for transporting Finn's Cars. As many of you already know, Finn LOVES the movie Cars. Well, he used to love it... now it's been demoted from the top of the list, but he still enjoys to play with cars any chance he gets. So I knew we couldn't be moved out of our home and move across the country without having a few entow. So, I started scouring the internet for toy car keepers. I found several on Etsy, but the more I looked at them, just wasn't willing to pay the price for one that that didn't necessarily meet all my standards. After posting a call to all crafters on FB, a friend of mine mentioned this super great crafty site. She had a great keeper pattern posted, that I modified based on the fabric I could find and what I wanted for my little boy. So here is one of the final projects. I made two, so that he could take 12 cars total, and keep them each in their own bag, and we'd know right away if one was missing.




4 comments:

Kristina said...

LOVE the cars tote!!! Fritz loves cars too (And the movie). I'm out of it... Where are you moving to?

Lacey Rumley said...

Love it! I saw the link on your Facebook, and so wish I could sew! I love how you found fabric with a road already on it - very clever!

Beth S. said...

How crafty! What a great idea! And I love that the car that I got him made the cut! Go Buzz Lightyear! Can't wait til you're closer and can't wait to hug those babies!!!

C said...

So cute! I love the fabric you used...perfect!:)