We've been busy for the most part around the house with growing kids and planning our continental move. The house purchase is mostly on schedule, but we've hit our bumps here and there. We are now simply working to try to make the move from one home to the other seamless for us, and for the family that will be moving into our house after we leave. There are moments that I still can't believe that it is really happening and that is less than 3 weeks, I'll be watching my belongings being packed up and shipped across the country, and then just a few days later, packing my children, 2 dogs, 3 laptops, 2 carseats and a week of belongings on an airplane to only return on occasion during the next few years. And relocating to a new city, new home and new neighborhood. It is mind blowing!!
On other fronts...
- Penny is crawling like crazy. Well, army crawling that is. She gets up on her knees and rocks from time to time. But no movement yet. She uses her legs in her army crawl, so I'm sure it isn't too far off.
- Finn is loving his new swimming class. We switched from a play swim class to one that is more instruction, with little idle time. He goes underwater, jumps in the pool and blows bubbles better than he ever has! What a joy it is to have him finally enjoy it.
- Penny is still having trouble at night since our return from MD. It took her about 2 weeks to adjust back to the time zone from the trip, and after a week or so, she reverted back to getting up in the middle of the night to eat. I've been trying to adjust her meals during the day to get her more to eat during the day so there isn't the need to wake up in the middle of the night. But this week, she's now teething/sick with a cold, and was up most of Tuesday night and now adjusting back to sleeping through the night again. Boy, getting up in the middle of the night more than once is definitely rough on me, especially when your not expecting it (ie. when you don't have a newborn).
- In the last 3 weeks or so, Finnegan has begun blooming as a boy! He jumps, and runs and yells ALL the time. Although I loved my quiet child, I love my little BOY. But I am also getting used to what is normal and accepted, and what is just disrespectful and rude! Oh, another balancing act! :)
- So many of my friends have given birth within the past week. I think there are at least 5 on FB this week alone! Ken's talking about wanting another.... We'll see, but not sure I'm ready to do it again, just yet :)
- I have been working more and more to keep the house clean and tidy as I won't be able to afford my cleaning lady at the new house... I think so far, I'm doing ok. Anyone who has any pointers let me know!!
Well, the kids are just waking up from their naps. I'll try to keep you posted more throughout the next few weeks!
1 comment:
Pointers on keeping the house clean? Don't have a third kid :o) Just kidding. It has been much much harder with baby #3 though. I try to sit down on Sunday afternoons and decide what MUST get done that week. Then I pick one major project (like a bathroom) per day and three to four meanial tasks (like sweeping the house) and give them all a day to get done. Then each day I assign one person's laundry to. It seems to be helping me. Some people assign one task per day like cleaning on Monday and laundry on Tuesday, but that hasn't worked so far for me. Keeping the boys outside 90% of the day has also helped because they are not inside to mess stuff up!
Post a Comment