Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hubby!!




Today, is my hubby's 30th Birthday. Oh, I just love birthdays! And it is just my luck, that since I love birthday's so much, all three of my family members have their birthday's in one week! We have "birthday week" this week. Ken's is today, Finn's is tomorrow and Penny's is Thursday!

I've been planning the kids birthday parties for weeks. I am really excited about it and think that it will be fun... although I wish that more little friends were coming. But all the prep has gone into the kids parties. I was so stumped with what to get my husband for his birthday celebration, that I simply didn't put much thought into anything else about his birthday! He'd chosen his birthday dinner and dessert, but that was about it. So last night, I started a new plan. Here is a photo of some cookies I made for him. They are derived from the ones done by annies-eat.com. She shows how to do it with royal icing and all. So I followed her instructions and it was fairly easy. I would actually LOVE to do it again. I don't have very good script, but outlining and flooding the space with icing is pretty fun, especially when they come out so pretty!!

I'll post more photo of the birthday's later... but here are a few to tide you over until then (Most of the elements of the party are hand made, in order to try to save some $$ and use the supplies I already had...

Our Invitation to our Double Party


Our Gift Bags... Filled with little airplane toys, and other fun things. "Hope you had a Hoot!"

No comments: