Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What's up, Dude??


What's up with us?? This is what's up with us...

  • Penelope is starting to walk. She has great balance and can stand on her two feet and not fall over for several minutes. Except when it comes to walking. The video above, you'll hear Ken counting. She took a total of 8 steps. This is the most she's take so far. But she is getting better. Today, I caught her 2 stairs lower than the landing on our stair case. So, she'd crawled up 4 stairs! And their wooden stairs... so pretty painful if she fell!! UGH! But she's getting it!
  • I've been busy painting the house this week. A rebate at Lowe's inspired me last week to get the rest of the painting done. So I purchased paint for 4 rooms, and have gotten 3 of them done in a week. The last is Penny's room to be painted, which seems to be the hardest to get into. So, I'll probably wait until the weekend before venturing into move furniture and begin the project. I painted the playroom, master bath and the master bedroom
  • We're getting the foundation laid for the kids birthday party on the 25th. We're having a combined party for the kids. I'm looking forward to having friends here at the house. We have about 5 little friends coming, plus our two. Do we'll have a full house!! I'm busy working on favors, games, and cake ideas. Should be pretty fun!
  • Ken has been busy dealing with the car. He had the windshield fixed for $250 and two tires replaced, for another $200. The only only piece to fix is the window... this is all after a second inspection. The window could cost at least $400 to fix. But this $800 total is much cheaper than the "couple of thousand" dollars they said it would initially cost to have it fixed. So I am very pleased with my husband and his research and patience in the situation. We are definitely are made for each other and balance each other out :)
I hope you faithful readers are well... thanks for keeping up with us!!

xo

No comments: