


Yes, It's her birthday too!! On Friday, our baby girl, turned 2. And I can hardly believe it... well, some days I can believe it. She is such a different little girl from our sweet first born. She has spunk, and a mean streak. She's rough and tumble, and doesn't put up with anything from anyone... and yet isn't a weenie. She falls and doesn't cry. She hits her head or is stuck and doesn't whine. But she's also stubborn, and has a definite mind of her own, and she's not afraid to use it. She doesn't sit still for more than a few minutes at a time and isn't entertained by television or anything that requires concentration. However, she has been excited and entertained by coloring books and crayons... that is if she isn't eating the crayons in the mean time. And she is still the messiest eater I know.
I'd always dreamed of having a daughter... a daughter who was prime and proper and lady-like. Well, that is probably the farthest thing that she is. But she's a delight. She laughs even more than Finnegan ever did at this age, and makes the silliest faces. She loves to pray and gives lots of hugs and kisses (but only on her terms).
So, needless to say, we have our hands full. (And any suggestions in bringing up a stubborn child with love and with Christian values is always welcome). But in any light, we are blessed by our baby Sweet Pea, Penelope.
3 comments:
She is so beautiful! From your description of her, she is the perfect second born. Your kids are just precious.
Happy Birthday to both of your kiddos! Penelope sounds a lot like Olivia. I think they are fighting for the attention, any way they can get it!
such a sweetie :)
Post a Comment