Yes, today is my 7th Anniversary with my wonderful husband, and I will blog about that later.
Here's the idea that's been on my mind for the last couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago, Oreo, one of our Boston Terriers, was sick and we had to take her to the vet several times. She has a "chronic" disorder that we deal with from time to time. When she starts getting sick there is no signs like other dogs might have with the same condition. However, she does start to withdraw. She starts to hide a bit more and sleep in her room rather than in the living room with the rest of the "family". :)
Last time I was pregnant, I noticed that our other Boston Terrier, Tootsie, began to take more notice of me and wanted to sleep by me in the evening. And now being pregnant this time around, it seems like she's like this ALL DAY LONG!!! She's always at my feet or standing right next to me on the couch.
So here's the question... I know that dogs have a bit of ESP and can sense things that we can't. However, the last week or so, has begun to make me think that the dogs know something that I don't. They are always sitting and staring at me, and Tootsie seems to be even more crazy about being by me than she was last time. They both seem to be a bit more "watchful" than they normally are. Do they know something I don't? Like perhaps I'll go into labor before my c-section... or that the baby will come a bit early... or that something else is gonna happen that will effect our family! I just don't know. What are your thoughts???
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
2 comments:
I think that they are more sensitive to changes...not that they can "predict" something will happen, only that they reconize a difference in the people they live with, and are more attentive. Does any of that make sense??
Aren't dogs funny!?
The second day after we came home from the hospital with our first baby, the dog threw up for 4 hours straight and then never again. He was perfectly fine after that and we never experienced any trouble between him and the baby.
Then, the second day after we came home from the hospital with our second baby, the dog was shivering and throwing up and his skin was really white (instead of the usual pinkish hue) for about 6 hours. And again, after that he was perfectly fine and has never had another "episode" like it.
So strange. I just chalked it up to him being a new "big brother". Such a big responsibility, you know?
Good luck! When is the baby due again?
Post a Comment