Friday, August 21, 2009

How are you feeling??

Currently, I am 34 weeks and 4 days... (I'll be 35 weeks pregnant on Tuesday). I've been asked a couple time this week how I'm feeling and if I'm ready to have the baby. Contrary to how it seems many of those who are due in Sept are feeling** I actually feel pretty good. Obviously, I wake up every 2-3 hours at night, and have a child who likes to push her rump out of the right side of my belly which can be pretty uncomfortable from time to time. However, for the most part, I feel good. When the heat isn't at its max, I can handle the bump in front, and all that goes with it. Granted, I've gained a bit more weight that I would have liked, but not more than any normal pregnant woman, and on track with where I was with my previous pregnancy. I enjoy feeling the baby move, and wish Ken could experience it and enjoy it like I do.

Perhaps I'll feel worse in a couple of weeks and ready to have this baby. But for now, I'm ok with being pregnant and trying to enjoy it for as long as it lasts - although I catch myself waddling from time to time.


** A pregnancy board that I read from time to time already has women trying alternative ways to induce labor on their own because they are "miserable" and impatient. I find it interesting that most of them have at least 2-6 weeks left before they are even 40 weeks, and they're already finding ways to have their babies early.

No comments: