Friday, August 7, 2009

Toddler Bed Update

So, we're down 2 nights in the toddler bed with success. Although the first night, it took 80 minutes to get our monkey to stay in his bed, during his first nap time, it only took about 30 minutes (as we added the consequence of a spanking early on). The second night, seemed to be a bit better with a time clocking in at 60 minutes - but daddy was on patrol. So I'm sure Finnegan was trying his hand at testing Daddy too.

And after his first night of falling out of the bed, he hasn't done that since. So that is comforting. He stays in his bed all night. He did wake up SUPER early this morning - 6:15am (he's normally up around 8am). So I anticipate an early nap a bit later. Hopefully he'll do even better at staying in bed at the beginning of his nap/bedtime. I know it's process that takes a couple of days to get right. :O)

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I have implemented the "speaking the rules" thing when he goes to bed. And alot of times I'll ask him to repeat them or "finish the rule" and tell me what the consequence is. It is very helpful!! :) Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

Jenney said...

SO glad it is working for you...you're gonna need that crib soon :o)

Erin Morgan said...

Too bad the other Crib just arrived!! :) That's ok. They are both convertible beds (move from crib to toddler bed to twin beds). :)