Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let the Potty Training Begin!!

Well, I had originally decided to put the potty training to rest, as our various encouragements to sit on the potty were met with a stubborn and defiant little boy. I was tired of the fussing and the fight that it was to just have him sit on the potty. So, we'd originally given up and not pushing the issue. Until Saturday, when our little boy told us that he wanted to be a big boy. We explained that part of being a big boy means that you sit on the potty and go peepee in the potty. He told us that he wanted to do that and to wear big boy pants. So the training began mid Sunday morning. He did very well on Sunday and had a few accidents yesterday. But he keeps insisting that he wants to wear his big boy pants, even after he has accidents. He goes on the potty 9 times out of 10 when he sits on it. The only problem is that he still resists sitting on the potty each day, even though he has a dry diaper and goes when he sits on the potty. So we continue to encourage him and praise him for going on the potty when he does... Yesterday, he had more successes on the potty than he had accidents in his pants. So we have progress. But I know it will be a long couple of weeks before he gets good at doing it!!

In other Morgan News, Penelope is quickly learning how to roll over. She rotates herself in a circle as she rolls up on her side (from her back) and then rolls down again -- until she's made a complete circle. Crazy mover!! She smiles and laughs and "talks" all the time.

No news about our possible move yet. We are anxiously waiting to hear the news and possibilities.

Ken and I have been enjoying "the Office" on DVD. We've watched it on TV on and off for the last year, but never really gotten into it fully. But now that we have the DVD's and have been able to watch them back to back, it is exciting to watch. I love watching it with Ken and enjoying a good laugh together!! I look forward to each night when Ken gets home and the kids are in bed and we can sit and watch together!! Very fun!! We are now beginning season 4. :)

Oh, one last thing. Here's a little video of Finnegan sledding with Daddy on New Years Eve!!


1 comment:

Jenney said...

We love The Office too!
Oh potty training. I do so love thee potty training. Keep up the good work, it is not easy! It sounds like you are having success, and eventually he will be 100% done!!!!(Jack has started getting me and pointing to/grabbing his diaper when he is wet...I told him I am SO not ready for that adventure again!)