Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More moving tasks.

Each day, we tackle a new project. We are still living amoungst boxes, and half painted walls and grossness of unwanted pests. I've worked each day to do more cleaning and unpacking. The kitchen is the closest to being completed. There is just one drawer that doesn't have anything in it, as we're still dealing with a mouse problem!! UGH!!

Mice... I don't like them. Especially when they are INSIDE my house! UGH! Luckily, we've not seen one. We think they've gotten the idea that there isn't food around anymore. But now we're picking up the pieces of the house and cleaning up after them!

Today, our cars arrived from their trip across the country, and so we had to return the rentals. We had to take the one all the way back up to the airport. And it was a long drive. When we returned, Ken's been fixing the front door, and now has the oven torn apart and cleaning it. I mopped the bathroom floor again yesterday... the old fashioned way -- on my hands and knees with a scouring pad. I got it about 80% clean. And will attack it again later in the week. I'd like to get the full kitchen primed later this week, so that we can paint the final color and be done with this area.

We've made the formal living room into a the kids playroom. It gives them a place downstairs to play and keeps me from desiring to buy furniture to fill the room with, that won't fit in the other house when we return... :)

I do have photos to post, and I know that I haven't... but I will in a couple of days.

No comments: