Friday, June 25, 2010

Tears...

I cried today... for the first time in 2 weeks. It's been 2 weeks since we got on an airplane and traveled to a new city, still miles and hours away from anything that we know. And today, I cried for the first time... I missed my friends, and I missed my familiar life and the normal that things were. But this is not what caused me to cry.

We'd been planning to attend a play group with a new church we'd visited. The moms meet once a week from this small church and the kids play. I was pretty excited as Finnegan had been asking to play with friends. We packed ourselves into the car, and headed to the specified location. We got there, and knocked on the door... no answer. I knocked a total of 4 times, hoping that perhaps they were playing in the basement or in another area of the house. No one answered. Then, we had to make the walk back to the car, while trying to explain to my sweet boy why we were leaving. As he climbed into his carseat he was crying... not just crying, sobbing. He wanted to play with friends so badly, and we were now leaving empty handed, and heading back to our lonely home with just his mommy and baby sister. He cried, and then I began to cry. The transition is becoming more and more difficult as we only visit a church once a week, and then have 6 days before our next visit, and hopeful meeting with people that we can befriend.

It breaks my heart to hear my son cry over wanting friends... and wanting a playmate. We have a sweet neighbor who brought over dinner for us on our first day here, and she has a sweet daughter who is just over 2 yrs old. So, we'll hope to call her this weekend to see if they can come over and play...

Pray for our hearts, that we won't be weary for making friends and finding people who we can relate to and will open their hearts to us.

xoxo

2 comments:

Kristina said...

This is so sad! Did you ever find out what happened? We have lived in 3 different cities in 3 years (Fritz is almost 3), and it's so hard moving, starting over, trying to find good people and friends (I still haven't found it in Miami). You are amazing, and you are definitely going to meet some amazing women and Finn will meet some great friends-- It might just take time. Are you on CafeMom, or Meetup.com?

C said...

Oh, so sad!!! I feel the most sad in life when B is sad/disappointed about something.
It's so hard moving and finding friends -- meetup.com is a great idea, Kristina!
We have this amazing parent e-mail newsletter resource here, and it's how I met my "playgroup" that has morphed into being the best group of friends I've had anywhere we've lived.
Hope you can find friends for all of you soon!!!