Our recent trip to Connecticut for Easter was a much needed rest from "normal life". And was, oh so, refreshing! We left on Wednesday morning and headed north. It took us about 8.5 hours to get there due to an hour traffic jam we sat in. But once we got there, it was pure bliss. I was over indulged in much needed "girl time" with my sister-in-law, including pedi's, Starbucks, and shopping. It was nice to be out and relaxed. But then to return home to all the kids playing and enjoying one another. I don't think we had much bickering or fighting, except for the occasional child crying over a toy (my eldest, of course). But it was so exiting for the kids to play together and for us to watch them play. Our kids played hide and go seek for the first time and loved it. We all played together and I found it to be one of the most exciting times of the weekend. We celebrated Easter with our family including church, an egg hunt, a WONDERFUL brunch put on by my sister in law and the dying of easter eggs. Us adults, enjoyed movies together and late nights of chatting. Oh, how blessed we are to have this family and to be able to enjoy them!! Words can not express.
Easter Morning: My precious kiddos
Our family altogether!

My sister-in-law, Kate, and I

Easter Sunday ended up being a beautiful day in Connecticut. It was also beautiful when we arrived home on Monday. Even so much, that I decided to put Penny's hair in a pony tail... ULTRA CUTE... And then the following day I decided to put her hair in pig tails... I can't even say how cute it is. I just love it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment