For weeks, I knew the summer was coming and thus, the grass would need to be mowed. With the end of Ken's master's program coming to an end, I knew that mowing the grass was the last thing on his mind! So I've been getting bids for having our grass mowed by someone else. Our neighbor, who installed our irregation system, did a bid for us, but it was a little steep for our wallets, especially while trying to stay on a budget and only needing it for a couple of months. I called a couple of companies in the area and got a similar and even lower price. But Ken had resigned himself to doing the lawn himself... when he got time.
I appreciate my husbands work ethic and how much he's working, but I just couldn't let the grass grow so long and then have him work 4 hours or more to mow and edge the whole lawn. It seems silly to me. But really, what could we do??
Well, today we found the answer. Or I guess, the answer knocked on our door. A neighbor boy, offered to mow our lawn for a nominal fee. Ken agreed and we worked out a deal where he would mow the front yard each week and the back yard every other week. Then every other week, Ken will just have to do the edging of the yard to keep it looking clean.
We'll still have to pay to have the work done, but I would much rather pay a kid, to learn how to work hard, rather than a big business!! :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment