Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ringtones...

So, I'm planning to post some photos of Finnegan, as I know I've only been writing lately, and we all know that that just gets boring... So those are to come...

Now, today's feature presentation... :)

Ringtones. Aren't they great? Whoever came up with the idea of taking a snipit of a song, and playing it instead of the annoying ring of your cellphone, should get a raise! What a great idea! I love that you can pair a person with a song. The song that you love, or reminds you of them. Just fun! Recently, I purchased my first ringtone... to only find out that my phone wasn't advanced enough to hold the memory that it needed to work!! There goes $3 wasted.

So, I was offered a new phone by my cellphone carrier for free, so I took them up on the offer. I wasn't allowed to transfer that song that I bought, but I could buy more!! :) So that is what I did!!

I didn't buy a lot... Only 4 songs. But they're fun ones:

  • For Ken's ring: Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callette... If you've never heard it, this is the portion of the song that it plays, "I'm lucky I'm love with my best friend, Lucky to have been where I have been, Lucky to be coming home again!" This song just makes me smile. It's a new favorite of mine, and it makes me happy when I hear it say "coming home again" because that is normally when Ken calls me, when he's on his way home! The song has great harmony too, which just makes me smile!
  • For Beth and Andrea: Happy Working Song from Enchanted. I wanted a Disney Song, but something that encompased both of them. They both love this movie, and its a fun song to hear!
  • For Mom and Dad: Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, from the Carosel of Progress ride at WDW and it's also in Meet the Robinsons Movie. I LOVE this ride at WDW and was sad that we didn't ride it when we visited this last time. But it's a happy song and reminds me of happy times and a great promise!
  • For the rest of you... Another current favorite.... Single by NKOTB. I know it's silly, but its a fun dance song, and it was originally gonna be Ken's song (so he didn't have to ever hear it play) but not any longer :)
Fun songs make for a fun time. I love music, and how music can motivate and inspire us. I searched for many other artists that inspire me, but the Verizon store just isn't that user friendly, especially with Praise and CCM music :) I did find many TV themes that I almost purchased, but didn't. Particuarly the L&O them... That would be a great one!! Maybe next time!!

What fun ringtones do you have??

No comments: