So, today is Sept 5th, and I have 18 days to go before my baby is to be born. Can we just say, that although her room is completely finished, her clothes are washed, my bag is mostly packed and there are meals frozen in the fridge, I really just can't believe that it will only be a matter of days until she arrives. I can't tell if I'm just in denial, or warding off an anxious spirit. However, since moving so far from our families and friends, I've learned to "guard myself" against getting too excited about people who say they're coming to visit. Because it is normally said in passing and I get my hopes up and then it never happens, and it's just a sad day. So I've learned to not get "excited" about visitors until they actually arrive, in hopes that I don't get my heartbroken. I explain all of this to say that I'm not sure if I'm just guarding my heart because I don't think that she'll come... or because I'm a bit nervous about her coming. I don't know.
In the mean time, I'm feeling pretty good. I actually am enjoying these last days of being pregnant, and am convinced that she is not nearly as big as Finn was. I am enjoying (for the most part) the way my body is handling this pregnancy, although I do have moments where I just hate being pregnant... The "going-pee-all-day-long" is no fun. Especially with a toddler... I feel like I'm going 3 times an hour - and sometimes I do! But days like today, I'm enjoying being pregnant, without much of the lower belly pressure and discomfort. And there are some days that I really forget that I'm that pregnant. I just don't feel as huge as I did with Finnegan, although I have begun to waddle.
I've begun to plan a few last minute activities for just Finnegan and mommy to do before sister arrives. I think we'll go to the zoo at least one day together. We baked cookies the other day, a first for the two of us together. I'd also like to do one other thing before the baby comes. I also plan on making some home made playdoh for him to play with after she arrives. Have any other ideas, mommies??
Thanks to all of you who posted comments about our photos! I am absolutely in love with them and continue to view them on the blog and can't wait to see the rest when she's done editing them. If you're interested in seeing the whole set, shoot me a message or email, so I can send you the codes to view them.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
2 comments:
Don't worry, She'll definately make her debut. . .she won't let you down. . . and neither will I! I can't wait to come and see you October 10!!! Love you! Beth
Oh how those last days of waiting are hard. Well, I had days of waiting with Jackson, James just came quick :o) If you are going to make play-dough, have Ken help, it is HARD to stir. Oh, and put peppermint extract in it to keep it smelling fresh for longer.
You could also make homemade bubbles together, but you need glycerin to make them really great. We cut both ends off a soup or veggie can and it works GREAT for big bubbles :o)
Post a Comment