Day One and everyone is still alive :) Well, today was my first day alone with two kids, and it wasn't too bad. Granted, we barrocaded ourselves in our suburban home for the day, rather than venturing out into uncharted territory. But the statement is still true - everyone is still alive!
We started our day of with a good nights sleep. Penelope took her first stint at 4 hours sleep, which pleased mommy. Then, she went back too sleep without much fuss (and yes she does choose that 4am feeding to be the one that she doesn't want to go back to sleep after). And we all (Daddy included) slept in until 9am today. Finnegan seemed to be up, but playing quietly in his room. I was able to get a shower, and dressed before Ken left for work, which I believe is the goal to be had on a daily basis for a successful day (at least in the beginning). I got Finnegan his breakfast and preapared for the day before Penelope needed to be up and fed. And it was only about 2 hours after I'd woken that I'd realized that the shirt that I had on was on inside out!! Leave it to me to pull this fashion mistake! Luckily, I wasn't planning on leaving the house! :)
Our day was pretty laid back... a few cartoons, and Imagination Movers. Some music and dancing, and then a friend stopped over for a little playing and adult conversation. Then it was nap time. Finnegan took a nice long nap while Mommy took care of Penelope. I was able to get about a 30 minute nap, after dinner was dropped off by a fellow MOPS mom. Then it was too tending to Penelope again before getting Finnegan up from his nap and receiving a call from Daddy saying he was on his way home.
Granted, I know all days aren't going to go this smooth but it always a nice reminder that things can go smooth without many bumps. :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment