Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm on Drugs...

My parents are here visiting - and have been here for a week, with another week to go. They are helping with the laundry, cooking, and child care. Today, they are out with Finnegan at the pumpkin patch :) I'll post photos tomorrow.

But yesterday, they took a trip to Walmart without the kids, leaving me at home with both of them. I haven't taken pain medication in a few days and was feeling pretty sore, especially at my incision, so I took two ibprofen when I woke up. About 2 hours later, I was still feeling pretty sore, so I decided that I could take some of the pain meds that I was given in the hospital. So I took 2 (the normal dose I'd taken for the past two weeks). I'd already eaten breakfast, so I wasn't really concerned about my stomach. As the medication began to break down in my system, I began to feel funny... I couldn't bend over and talk to Finnegan without having this weird feeling in my stomach. I was getting a bit light headed, and then found that I was just feeling really weird. I thought perhaps I should call my parents back to the house, but wasn't really sure... Then it hit me... I ate breakfast over 2 hours before, so there really was NOTHING in my stomach to help metabolize the powerful drugs. So Finnegan and I sat and ate a banana together and waited for Mana and Papa to return.

Later in the evening, right before dinner, I took two more (knowing that I needed to eat something too). So I ate something and took them... but I still had the same result. I felt loopy and like I didn't really care about much. Just really out of it. It was the weirdest feeling and I didn't like it!!

So today, before mom and dad left with Finnegan, they reminded me NOT to take the pain meds and stick with Ibuprofen.

2 comments:

Jenney said...

Oh yuck, I bet not taking the pain meds isn't a picnic either!

Jessica said...

is it Lor Tab? That stuff almost sent me into anaphylactic shock. The other stuff made me loopy, Mortin doesn't do much for the pain so I'll be praying for a quick recovery! It's a good thing your folks are there!