Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Video that Makes Me Smile

As I've posted a couple of times before, I'm a closet Justin Timberlake fan. I'm particularly in awe of the enormous skill that he has between vocally, instramentally, with creating and producing and then also comedically (mainly SNL). About a month ago, when the Hope for Haiti telethon was on, I was channel surfing between that and something else, and then trying to put the kids to bed. After putting Finnegan to bed, Ken was rocking with a crying baby girl and I just so happened to change back and catch this song. The song struck me, and the music gave chills over how beautifully it was sung. Granted, I'm a huge fan of male singing voices to begin with, so add in a song and harmonies that highlight them both, and I'm sold! I just sat in awe of the beautiful music. I've listened too it several times since then, and I still get the same reaction. So I wanted to share with you the music and this beautiful arrangement of "Halleljah" Sung by Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris. Take a moment, and sit back, and close your eyes... Oh, it is just so beautiful.

For those of you who look at Matt Morris and find something COMPLETELY familiar about it, you are not alone. Turn the pages of your mind back to the simpler days and he was starring next to Justin Timberlake on the Mickey Mouse Club on the Disney Channel. Justin has now produced an album of Matt's that I currently own and enjoy, although Ken want's to gouge his eyes out when he listens to it... To each his own..

Also, a short note about the song. I don't know much about the song. I've googled it a couple of times to read write ups about what the song is about. The writer references scripture in it and there are some musical references in it too but I couldn't find one write up that explains EXACTLY what the song is about and what he's talking about... Here is a write upthat I found... this one, I feel, sums it up.
And I even searched Wikipedia for an explaination and there was not a sufficiant answer there. Basically they believe that the tone of the song can be changed to mean different things based on the the performer.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

a much better version than the SHREK one. i heart JT. he should come out with an exercise video to inspire me to look good for him in my living room! hahha