I took a FULL car load of things to the goodwill tonight. DVD's, CD's, kitchen equipment, games, 6 bags of cloths... And our house still has TONS of things in it. I went through Finns room tonight and pulled a handful of things that will be going. I hope to go through the toy box later tonight and look. Ken has already been plotting out some other things that will need to be gone through. I went through my shoes last year and got rid of several pairs. I went through them again tonight, and realized that MANY of them are not the right size. I have shoes ranging from size 7 to size 8.5. I've noticed that for me, having kids has increased my foot size. Although I still have weight to lose (and some people think I'm crazy for connecting the two) I know my feet may shrink a bit, but not all the way back to a size 7! So, many of the smaller shoes are going. And we are now down to ONE (laundry) basket full of shoes (both Ken and I... although I think Ken has about 3 pairs in the basket where the rest are mine) :)
Once the house has been gone through, the garage will need to be gone through. We have bins of things that we haven't touched since we moved in and those things will most likely go... I know of 2 bins in particular that will be going... not necessarily to good will, but to others who can use the supplies that we've stored for so long without much or any use.
So, the purging continues... Thanks to the friends who have encouraged me and continue to do the same thing yourselves. Although we are getting rid of a lot of things, we still have SO much. We definitely seem to have more than we need!! And we want to be leaner people!!
2 comments:
Is it hard for you to toss stuff? Pitching stuff is so freeing to me, I hate clutter. Now if I could just stop buying things to replace what a threw away! Good Luck!
Good for you! We've been trying to slim down our stuff too. Not easy, but I can't say I miss anything we've pitched/donated/sold.
Post a Comment