Well, although I've been slowly working through my living with less desires, the same revelations that I expressed earlier have been conveyed by my husband... And when my husband speaks - we follow instructions. After a short discussion, he started with the CD's, and I started with the kitchen. I went through the tupperware cupboard... who really needs all that tupperware? I went through all the baking pans, and plates. I went through all of the wine, champagne and martini glasses that we just don't use. I packed up three boxes of kitchen things that we just don't use anymore and keep hanging on too. I then went upstairs to the bedroom. I pulled out three bags of cloths from the closest and cataloged them all... I got rid of all my suites and dress shirts. I kept a couple of shirts, but got rid of most of them, seeing I haven't worn them in almost 5 years, and several sweaters.
Next is the board games and tools in the garage.
Oh man... watch out!!
2 comments:
i am feeling the same way. We have WAY too much stuff! Books, cook ware, clothes, even toys. I hope to be able to get myself motivated to get rid of a lot of it soon. I know we can do without so much of it!
Oh, how I love to purge! It feels so good to get rid of the things we don't really need - less to worry about and maintain! I feel like there's always something else I can get rid of.
Good for you!
Post a Comment