Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday excitement!




Well, as most of you know, I celebrated my 30th birthday this past week. I've been sort of aprehensive about the big number but as it drew closer and closer, I realized that it couldn't be any worse than any other number that MILLIONS of people have turned years before me! So, our week was carried out as any other week was here in the Morgan home, with crying kids, temper tantrums from the 2 yr old and a lesson in patience from the mommy! Although, we did have a great day at the zoo with a new friend (and her boys), and Penelope started eating cereal once a day to help cut down on the spit up volcano that we experience on an hourly bases.

Anywho - back to the birthday excitement. I didn't take as many photos that day as I would have liked, but Ken and I woke up bright and early as the kids were up by 7:30am. Ken made coffee and then made his first breakfast of any substance for me... He learned and scrambled an egg with toast. It was very sweet. Later in the morning, he let me open my gifts. More on that later.

One of the two gifts he gave me was a trip to the 5th Avenue Theater to see Legally Blonde: The Musical. Oh, I was pretty excited. We arranged a baby sitter for the kids and got dressed up. The babysitter was to arrive at noon and we should have left no later than 12:30. At 11:45, ken and I were not dressed yet, and she was about 5 minutes early. I was running around and Ken was asking me what he should wear! I had planned for weeks what I would wear and thought slightly about what I'd like him to wear. Little did I know he'd gotten rid of the pants I wanted him to wear, my ideas were out the door... Just choose something! Anyway, we were down stairs by 12:05, and 12:10 respectively. And we quickly gave the babysitter the rundown of what would happen, and all the details. Penelope began to cry and NOTHING could soothe her... but we had to go. So we did!! UGH!

But, I wasn't nervous or concerned. We were leaving her and Finnegan in safe, capable hands. We drove to Seattle and didn't have much traffic hold ups until we reached the city limits... About 6 miles before our exit we were stopped in five lanes of traffic, traveling 10 miles an hour... UGH! But luckily, I still wasn't too nervous or upset. I was mainly calm and knew we would get there when we got there. It was nearing 1:30, and the show started at 2pm. There was no parking at the theater so we would have to park at least 2 or more blocks away and walk to the theater. But still, no IBS or upset stomach. Just calm feelings (well as calm as I could be in traffic of inconsiderate people on their cellphones). About 1:40 we pulled off the expressway onto our exit, and quickly found a parking garage for a great rate. We parked and quickly walked down the stairs and to the theater only 2 blocks away. We were in our seat by 1:49. Nice deal!!

The show was great! Fun, spunky, and had some great music. I laughed, and even Ken laughed!! I had a wonderful time. Ken got us seats in the orchestra section, so very close. We sat in the midst of the older generation who most likely had season tickets to the theater. Not the normal "Legally Blonde" crowd. :)

On the way home, we stopped and picked up dinner at a local Italian restaurant and took it home to Finnegan and Penelope. Ken also got a small cake and a bouquet of flowers for me, so we had a wonderful evening.

Below are a few photos... The last photo is of the other gift that Ken gave me. It is for my 30th birthday combined with my "birth" gift for having Penelope (started with Finnegan's birth, he wanted to buy me something nice for the birth of our children). It is very similar to a ring that my mother has that us girls "fight" over. I just love this ring and love that Ken picked it out. There is a bit of a story involved with it too... So here's the short version... He tried to order it on line and it was out of stock. Ken called a local store to see if they had it, and they didn't but could order it from another store. He arrived to place the order and they had found one in their inventory... they all concluded it was meant to be :)

What a wonderful 30th birthday... Now, I am waiting, as I've heard that the 30's are much better than the 20's! :)






2 comments:

Trisha said...

Love the Ring!! Happy Birthday!

Jenney said...

Happy Birthday Erin!!!!