Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Brunch Plans

While we've lived here in WA, we've found some great people to call our family!! They have us over for Thanksgiving and Christmas (if we're here in town) and then invite us over all the time during the year. Although our home isn't as large to hold the total of 12 (that there are when we're all together), we do like to have them over a couple times of year. We got together at Christmas this year, and have done a New Years day thing before and Mother's day occasionally, and Finnegan's birthday is always a given! But another holiday that we traditionally have them over to our home is on Easter. It started a couple of years ago and I think this will be the third year in a row we've had the group over from brunch.

Because I'm better at making brunch and relying on meat to turn out properly, I base my meal around a late breakfast idea. I usually make a breakfast casserole and other items. This year, I'm taking some WONDERFUL help from some cooks who blog... Here's what's on the menu...

  • Blueberry Scones
  • Quiche Lorraine (just as pictured and then a second with bacon and spinach)
  • Fruit Plate with Strawberries and pineapple and grapes
  • Caprese Spears (toothpicks with cherry tomatoes, motz cheese, basil and olives)
  • Turkey Sausage Links
  • Lemon Cake with a Homemade Strawberry Sauce ** Haven't decided if I'll make a homemade lemon cake or a box yet...
Should be pretty yummy! I love to cook for people and have people over. Can't wait until we have a bit bigger home so we can do it more often!!



1 comment:

Chaeli said...

So fun!! Did you make anything special for drinks? I'm having a brunch playdate at our house in a few weeks and I was thinking of making a punch or something cute.