Of course, this is the day that people play practical jokes on one another... So from the moment I woke up this morning, I reminded myself to think twice before hearing something outrageous. It lasted for most of the day until I spoke with my folks later in the evening. I called my folks to let them hear Finnegan laugh... When dad answered the phone, he said that they were just getting home... from the hospital. I should have known, with it being my dad, but he continued, "your mother fell down the basement stairs and the EMS had to come take her to the hospital." All I could think is that she'd broken her leg or her hip or something... I said "Really??" Dad says, "No, April Fool's!"
And of course I fell for it!
Thanks, Dad! You never let me down!
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment