Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wild Weather

It's been all over the country this year... wildfires, tornadoes, flooding, excessive snow etc. We are preparing for spring here in the northwest. We've been out cleaning our flower beds and mowing our lawn. And several times since January, we've woken up to snow. I am sure our family is getting tried of me saying "we normally don't get this much snow." Well, today was a first for us... This week has been a world-wind of weather... last Saturday the temp was in the 70's then the temps plummeted back into the 40's by Monday and stayed there all week long. We got rain, hail and snow all week long. This morning we woke up to a beautiful day through our windows. The sun was shinning and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, just clear bright blue. Later in the afternoon, Ken went out to mow the lawn and take advantage of the day. After making his first attempt out, he returned to put an undershirt on, as he said it was colder than he thought. After starting to mow... It started to SNOW!!! Oh, man!!! Finnegan and I waited at the back door for him to turn the mower off. He did and said he'd just finish the job. I couldn't believe it!! He mowed the front and the back yard, and edged, all while it snowed. What a great husband I have!!

Also, Finnegan had another round of photos taken today here in our home. It was free sitting from the company who took his photos in the hospital... These turned out much better than those did (that's why not many of you have seen those). These were cute, but I don't think we'll purchase any. If your interested, I can tell you about them and let you know when they come to show them to us... I don't know much about the ordering process... but can find out for you!

No comments: