Today, Finnegan was slightly off schedule, as he tends to do on our "Gymboree" day. He normally only has two naps during the day and stays up once he wakes up from his second nap until bedtime. Today, after a shortened second nap, Finnegan had his normal meal and play time. Then I like to put him down for a little rest period in his bed. I always tell him that he doesn't need to sleep but that he needs to rest quietly in his bed. And normally, 9 times out of 10 he does fall asleep. Well, tonight, when I put him in his crib, I suppose he was over tired because he did not want to stay in the crib. He cried and cried and cried. After about 15 minutes of crying in his crib, I went up to console him and to get him to quiet down and when I walked in, I found a sweet but sad sight... Finnegan was sitting up in his bed with his back to the door. I had packed Moosy already because of our trip later tonight, so when I put him down, I gave him his blankey and Mike (Wazowski) to snuggle with. As I walked up to him, quietly, I looked at him and he was leaning over Mike with both arms around him in the biggest bear hug. Oh, my poor sweetie has found a friend in Mike!
I was able to get him to quiet down, but not to sleep before our flight, so hopefully he won't be too cranky on the plane...
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment