So, every two years, I enjoy two full weeks of Olympics coverage. I can't decide if I like the winter or summer Olympics better. They both have their good qualities. The one thing about both seasons of Olympics that I have come to enjoy is
Bob Costas. I wouldn't say that I have a crush on Bob Costas, but that I just thoroughly enjoy his coverage of the Olympics. He is very professional and down to business when it comes to the games. And he does a great job covering all aspects of the games and even brings a light-hearted spirit to them offering a joke and humor when it seems that people aren't listening. :)
I think that although I'm not an athletic person, I enjoy the competition. And I feel that I was raised to be very patriotic and I love my country. So, the Olympics is a great outlet for all these feelings. I may not know who the athletes are before the games, but during the games, they are my best friends, and root for them, because we have one thing in common - we're American (queue the "Star Spangled Banner). :) I think (or hope) each person had a dream of becoming an Olympian competitor at sometime in their child hood. I always wanted to be on the swimming team. And in college, I thought it would be fun to be the caller on the rowing team. I think my sister wanted to be a gymnast. Anywhoo - This year, I will enjoy the Olympics even more because I will be home and able to catch more of the match-ups. It will definitely be great!
Do you enjoy the games? What is your favorite of the summer games? Have you ever wanted to be an Olympian?
1 comment:
My favorite part of the summer olympics is definitely the SWIMMING!!! I swam on the varsity swim team all through high school and my Dad has been a swim coach since before I was born, and still is! I would have loved to be good enough to be in the olympics but I definitely was one of the slower varsity swimmers. But I LOVE swimming - especially because if you train hard you DO get faster, as long as you put the effort into it. Even if you aren't the fastest, hard work pays off. Now thats my kind of sport :)
Post a Comment