Who would have thought that a women is considered "post-partum" until her child is 18 months old? That means that a women's body may not be fully "back to normal" after having a baby until that baby is 18 months old! CRAZY!! And how did I find this out? I took a visit to my doctor with several complaints of things that just aren't back to normal, even thought my sweet Finnegan is almost 9 months old. My ligaments are still loose from hormones and I have developed a bad case of eczema on my hands. So, the doctor gave me more exercises to do and other suggestions to help my skin. This was also the explanation for my exhaustion that I am still feeling. However, they did take some blood to make sure that I don't have another auto-immune disorder.
I also took my little sweetie into the walk-in clinic. Ken woke Finnegan up this morning and I went in to say good morning. Ken didn't notice that Finn's ear had been bleeding a bit and had been bleeding enough to get all over the sheets. (Granted the sheets are polka dotted - in brown and green and the blood had dried a bit - and he doesn't notice too much sometimes) So, I got him cleaned up and took him to the walk-in clinic to have them look at his ears. He'd had some drainage for the past couple of days and had been pulling at his ears, but I thought it was because of teething. When the doctor took a look, he did say the one ear was pretty pink, but not completely inflamed. But his tonsils are swollen too. So we have something brewing in there.
So, we'll see how he does over the weekend and if he isn't any better by Monday, I'll get an anti-biotic for him. My poor sweetie.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment