Friday, November 14, 2008

My Knee Hurts!!!

Ok, so three weeks ago, while Angie and Ernesto were here, I injured my knee while getting out of chair here at my computer. It was before church and I could seriously not even walk on it. After a bit of rest, I was ok, and was able to walk on it. Only a few short days later, I injured it again, but not as badly. But dang, did it hurt again! Well, last night, I did it again, while preparing dinner... I was standing in front of the fridge and just turned the wrong way and couldn't move. I was stuck in the middle of the floor for several minutes... and couldn't move. Finally, I made it too my phone so that I could be sure Ken was on his way home...He was, and I would have some relief then!! Meanwhile, the toddler didn't understand that mommy had an "owie" and couldn't respond to his EVERY need for the next 30 minutes. I seemed to get some relief after resting, but it was still pretty sore. This morning, it is still really sore. And I am preparing to go exercise (day 5). It's stiff and sore and I'm planning on making an appointment at the doctors office today. Hopefully she can see me and we'll see what she can do for me...

I'll keep you posted. Unfortunately, I come from a family that has bad knees. Grandma had super bad knees. Dad's had two knee surgeries, one being a total knee replacement, and my sister has had three knee surgeries. So I'm not in super great company, but we'll see what the dr. has to say!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh poor Erin, it's almost impossible to keep up with a toddler when your under the weather. Hopefully, the docotor will have some non-surgical answers.

Quick question--Who is your friend that makes those adorable shirts? Brie is having a Monley themed second birthday and I would LOVE to buy the girls matching or coordinating shirts for the big event. Can you pass on how to order them?