Monday, November 10, 2008

New Beginning

A few weeks ago, a friend and I were investigating a new work out plan. There was a program at a local gym that was 8 weeks long, with a special diet and workouts with a trainer. But it was pretty pricey, with no long term sign up options or discount for the gym. We got this great idea that we could do the plan on our own for cheaper, so we discussed working out at another gym each day, and making our own meal plan. Our husbands, independently, had their reservations about the cost of our cheaper plan and our time constraints that it would cause on our lives that already seem to be pretty hectic. So, we modified our plan so no money is spent... We are working out each day before our kids wake up in the morning for one full hour. We've created our own meal plan and accountability plan. And our plan started today. I woke up at 5:30 and went to her house for our first workout session and we were successful for today. We meet again tomorrow and hope to be successful for the long term.

I'm excited about our new plan. We are hoping for some great results. I'll keep you posted on our progress!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go Erin, getting up at 5:30 when you don't have to takes some serious dedication.

BTY--Rob always has serious reservations about the cost involved in gym membership. I never am dedicated enough to go long term and we always lose money. I love the idea of doing it yourself.

Jenney said...

Good for you! I do not work out and have NO motivation to start a routine soon. We are eating healthier though. My husband is a personal trainer for his work, so I know he is so proud that I excersize consistently...consistently not at all!
Cucte new Blog look!