I'd never really heard this saying before, referencing Wednesday as the "hump" of the week... But I suppose it works. This week, wednesday is proving to be the hump of the week. It's the biggest day of the week. I woke up this morning to rain pitter-pattering on my roof, and my newly painted dark bedroom and I was cozy... real cozy. I didn't want to get up, but I'd made a commitment. Oh, did I forget to mention that my commitment meant me getting up at 5:30 AM and being a my friends home at 6am?? Oh, yeah!! It's true. Today was day 3 of our new exercise routine and I did survive! Althought today, I thought I would really die! We did 40 mintues of Cardio... what the video call "Cardio Party". Boy, it wasn't really like any party I'd been too, but ok, whatever. Afterwards, I really thought I was gonna die. My chest hurt, and my abs hurt. Then only a few hours later, Finnegan and I went to Gymboree and had a nice time with our friends. I felt really spacey... tired, sore body, spacey. We got home and Finnegan promptly took a nap, one he'd needed ALL day long!! He most certianly needed his nap as he slept for 3 hours. But now he is up and is a happy little dude... this guy I haven't seen in a few days! :) Now, I am awaiting the arrival of my husband from work, so that I can return to work out for another hour... a prior commitment called "Zumba". It's like aerobics and dance... a friend of mine put it perfectly..."It's a crazy dance/aerobics class that makes you feel like a total dork, but it's a lot of fun and a great workout." I wouldn't go as far to say that it's "a lot of fun" but it's a good time, if you like to sweat and listen to some fun music.
Last night I got a chance to talk with an old friend. She called and we talked for over 2 hours. It was such a blessing. I haven't talked to her since she visited last December. Crazy how time flies but that you can pick right back up after so much time.
And another exciting development from the day... Finnegan signed two signs together, which is a huge thing, like speaking two words together. He said "more, please". After our "please" tantrum on Monday, I didn't know if he'd ever get it. But he did and I was very proud. And he's done it a couple of times today, which is very exciting. Now, if only I could get him to not throw things... Onto another "mommy task". :)
Have a good week everyone, and enjoy the "hump". :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment