Monday, November 17, 2008

sTori Telling

So I'm sort of embarrassed for telling you that this is the book that I'm reading but it is. I've been suckered in to watching Tori and Dean on Bravo/Oxygen many times and thought that I'd take a look at the book that Tori Spelling (from 90210 - daughter of creator Aaron Spelling) recounts the events of her life thus far. She talks in the book about her parents and a bit of her childhood. She makes great parallels between how she was treated as a child to how she expects to be treated as an adult and how all that changed when she met her current husband. Although it isn't a book that I would stake my life on, it's been interesting to read about a life that is so unfamiliar to my own. One that is constant termoil because of the relationship she has with her parents and therefore those around her. I have great compassion for her as a child and even as a young adult. I found the same to be true after reading other auto-biographies of people in the media (Michael J Fox, Jenny McCarthy, Rosie O'Donnell, just to name a few). That life that is so foreign to the life that I live every day, and had lived as a child.

And althought I enjoy the escape the book provides, I find myself in the same line of thinking as I had when reading Jenny McCarthy's book... Boy, if she knew Jesus she wouldn't struggle with half of the things she struggles with. He could definitely fill the holes she has in her life.

Anywho, what books are you reading these days??

No comments: