Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Box

Ok, so I know this is two posts in one day (and that day being Christmas Eve) but I just couldn't resist sharing this story with you.  

On Halloween, we watched as Finnegan amused himself with taking 8 pieces of candy out of a bowl on our coffee table and then putting them back in.  He actually did this for several minutes (like 20 or so).  Well, tonight (as we speak) we are witnessing it again.  My mom had sent a box of Christmas gifts that I'd opened earlier this week.  Instead of unpacking all of the gifts, I left them in the original box to be unpacked tonight, when all the gifts are put under the tree.  Finnegan became interested in the contents of this box a while ago so I went over to solicite his help in emptying the box.  After we'd emptied the contents, I left him be.  He then began to put each item back into the larger box (all of what he could lift).  And then began to take each gift out.  Over and over he's been doing this.  I've tried to distract him with silly antics and it doesn't work.  He just looks at his silly mommy like, "Don't bother me mom, I'm concentrating."  He is very much his father's son when it comes to figuring something out.  

He's moved onto playing with a toy, but keeps coming back to the gifts scattered on the floor and putting them back into the box one at a time, as he sees the time right :)  Very precious, if you ask me, but then again, he's my son :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

It is precious indeed.