Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finally Home!!

It has been a great trip but a very eventful one!! I have already called it "the trip from Hell." I must say, it wasn't all bad. It started off very well and we had a great first week. But the last five days seemed to have many things go wrong. Although we had some very delightful and memorable moments, and for the most part, had good attitudes about all the mishaps - I am certainly glad to be home.

Here's a list of the mishaps that plagued our trip -

- Finnegan teethed the whole trip, and was on a constant dose of tylenol and oral gel.
- My mom ran over our new stroller and snapped the wheel off, during our first day together. We had to go and purchase a new one.
- My mom ran over my dad's leg... or should i say, up my dad's leg with her scooter.
- Ken got food poisoning and was sick to the point of exhaustion and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. We spent 5 hours in the hospital where he lost feeling in all of his limbs and began to turn blue. VERY SCARY!!
- I got the stomach flu and was out of commission for a full day.
- Then Finnegan got a touch of flu too and is still battling it.
- Beth forgot ALL of her medications (except her back pain meds). So was basically a wreck the whole trip.  
- Finnegan fell backwards off a bench, head first onto the concrete... luckily, he wasn't hurt!!


Oh - so crazy - but I'm glad to be home.

I'll post some photos soon!! We had a great time and enjoyed the times we had with our families.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh wow, it sounds like your trip was pretty crazy. You guys will definitely have to rest up after that vacation.