Monday, March 30, 2009

Smart Boy is at it again!!

It's the Alphabet this time...

At Christmas, when Finnegan was 3 months old, my sister-in-law sent Finnegan one of those LeapFrog Fridge Alphabet Magnet Sets. We pulled it out when he was 12 months old, and each of the magnets landed on the floor, just for fun. So we put it away and pulled it out again after Christmas. Since then, Finnegan plays with it each day. If you've never seen this toy, it has a magnet for each letter and when they are placed in the music box, it plays the name of the letter as well as the sound(s)of the letter. Crazy enough... Finnegan is 18 months old and he can recognize several letters and their sounds.

Tonight, he picked up his "Old McDonald Has a Farm" Book. An he always says "EIEIEI" when he picks it up -- its the cutest thing ever!! Anyway, I pointed to the F and he said "FFFF", and although he couldn't tell me the name of the letter, I was impressed. We tried another one... The "M" He knows this letter, and knows that it makes the sound "MMMMM". I then asked for the "D" and he said "Deeee". So precious!! Earlier today, we were reading another alphabet book, and he told me that the letter P made the "pa" sound. CRAZY!! Hopefully he'll know his alphabet by the time he's 2 :)

Update on some of the other topics I've raised...

We haven't decided about the bed. I will probably try to start switching him in a couple of months. And see how he does. I don't know that we'll get a toddler bed, but use the convertible bed that we have. But then just get another convertible crib for the new baby.

Potty Training: Well -- This has actually halted a bit. He is starting to tell us again that he's going, but after he's gone. So I'm sure in a couple of months or so, we'll have better success. He still likes to sit on the potty, but sometimes, he HAS to sit on it before having a new diaper on. Whatever makes you feel like a big boy, I suppose!! I ordered a couple of potty books last week, so hopefully reading those will spark more interest too. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The potty books really helped Brie and they'll also be great for your alphabet goal!