Well, we've made it back home to our family's home. After a four hour red-eye plane ride, we made it and have survived the first day back in the midwest!
Finn did pretty well on the airplane. It was hard to get him to not kick the chair in front of him, but he did finally fall asleep and slept for about 2 hours. He then woke up, crying (in the middle of the night, mind you) and cried for about 10 minutes... but on the airplane, it was like an eternity, especially because EVERYONE was trying to sleep!!
The first day in the new time zone is always rough for us. We slept about 2 hours on the plane, and then had a 4 hour nap. Finn ended up taking 2 naps, and now, continues to sleep this morning. Hopefully He'll be back on schedule for the day.
We visited my family and Ken's parents. It was great to see everyone. We went to an old "hang out" of Ken's for ice cream with his parents, and that was pretty fun. I got a photo of Finn and daddy at the ice cream parlor for old times sake! While we were enjoying ice cream, I even ran into a guy that I went to HS with... Kind of weird. But a nice reminder of being home.
Hope all is well at home, back in the Northwest. :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
3 comments:
I know I ask you this every time you're in Michigan, but...Are you going to be in the GR area at all while you're here? :-) Let us know! We'd love to see you, meet Finn, and introduce you to our kiddos!
Who did you run into?
Who did you see from OCS? How long are you going to be in MI?
Post a Comment