Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I can't sleep

Who knew that being pregnant would leave you with insomnia?? Really? I've had a full day and a short 30 minute nap... well, a rest, on the couch during the hockey game, and now it is nearing 3am and I still haven't slept yet. What's causing this? Silly hormones, I'd imagine. Although I did have an Iced Tea from McD's today, but that was over 12 hours ago!!

So what does one do while up at this hour? Surf the net, write blogs, shop... plenty of things. Luckily Ken is going into work late tomorrow and perhaps I can sleep in, once I get to sleep :)

Let's see... What's some other news I can update you on...

  • I'm feeling pretty good for being pregnant. The heat in WA has gotten pretty high this week, mid 80's, which is warm. Especially with the compression socks I have to wear. With this pregnancy, I tend to wear skirts a lot more, because they are just so much more comfortable.
  • I've been sick for the last week, and so my family has been too. I was convinced last week that it was just allergies, but our sneezing, sore throats and clear runny noses are no longer clear and have hung around for more than a couple of days. Hopefully we'll all be feeling better soon.
  • I've been playing outside with Finn a lot, especially with the water table. I change his clothes at least once a day, perhaps twice, if we go outside, and it's warm. He loves to splash and spill the water everywhere. Very fun!! I'll post more photos later.
  • The name game has begun. Ken and I are going over and over names for Sweet Pea, as we call Baby #2. We are finding it much more difficult to find the range of names that we found when we were picking Finnegan's name. And although we'd decided that I'd pick this baby's name, it is definitely not turning out that way. But my only concern now is that we find something that we can agree on. I've reserved a book at the library of 140,000 baby names. So hopefully we'll find something.
  • Finnegan is such the talker these days. He's already begun to put 3 and 4 words together to make sentences. He's learned all his letters and numbers through 15. Although tonight, he counted almost to 20. I was impressed!!
  • I watched "I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here" on Monday and got dumber. We won't watch it again, although I want to support NBC, I just can't bear it again!
  • I'm a fan of the new show about Tori Spelling and her family on Oxygen. I love seeing that she's a real person and a real mom... well, sort of. Although her kids have a nanny (because she works like 5 different jobs), her kitchen is still a mess and she juggles it all. It's a bit of release for me.
  • Ken has less than 2 weeks left on his master's program. I can't wait for him to be done. And although he won't let me throw him a cake party to celebrate his accomplishment here in WA with our friends, so we'll plan something in Michigan with our families instead.
So, I suppose that's about it... Kind of rambling, but hey, that's what you get at 3am! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I hope you get some sleep soon!