Sunday, June 21, 2009

Michigan Adventures

No, we didn't treat ourselves to that unknown amusement park called "Michigan Adventures". Is that place even open still??

We've been having a good time so far here on our vacation. As I said before, the first days are always rough in a new time zone, especially for the little ones. Finnegan was finally on schedule by Saturday, and did well. On Friday night, we had a HUGE thunderstorm, part of the ones that sparked tornados and floods across the midwest. I hate weather like that, especially out here. Since living in WA, we don't have that kind of weather very often, you forget what it's like to experience it. But we did well. Finnegan was pretty afraid after waking up to the light show that was taking place outside. But after a bit of calming, he did ok.

Saturday was a family reunion at my mom's house. Many of the family members hadn't seen each other in 10 years at least, so it was nice to have them all in the same place. But the day was a scrocher. It was so hot... the temp was in the 80's and the humidity was so high, that the heat index was in the 100's. Oh, not fun for a pregnant girl with compression socks!! Not comfortable with the socks on, as they're hot and sticky and make you itch. And not comfortable or safe with them off... make you swell and become sore!! Crazy! It was still 75 degrees at 11pm last night.

This week doesn't promise for any cooler weather. And we always seem to come to MI when it is pretty warm. But hey, I suppose that's how it goes!!

Today, is Father's Day, and it has been almost 5 years since I actually celebrated with my dad... And where am I right now??? Sitting at my in-laws house, while my child takes a nap and the family is out to a resturant for dinner. Not so fun! But perhaps I'll spend some time with Dad later tonight. It was precious to see my dad sing in church this morning with some other men. Brought tears to my eyes... ok, so I cried, but it was nice to see him there!!

Anywho - I hope you men have a wonderful Father's Day. What a precious day to enjoy your children and for you women to honor your men (although we should be doing this every day) :) But be sure to celebrate with them, even if it means making a phone call or even try skype... that's fun!! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh, Michigan Adventure is still open...2 parks for the price of 1 - Twice the fun! (if you can remember the commercial jingle.) =) Our youth group goes often since we're over in the same area now. Enjoy your time in Michigan!