So I thought I've been dealing with some allergies, but it seems that its turned into a bit of a sinus infection or something. My sinuses are like glue. I can't bend over without my head throbbing, and I suppose I should be thankful that I can't sleep because my head just whirls when I lay down. So today a friend of mine suggested that I get a Neti Pot. If you've never used one, it's like a little tea kettle that you put to your nose (and have it filled with saline) and tilt your head to one direction and the saline helps to clean out your nose and sinuses. You know it's working when the saline comes out the other side of your nose. Ok, so it sounds kind of gross, but for a preggo who can't take much of anything, I'll try anything that's non-medicated for the sake of my brain.
So today I tried one. It wasn't the most exciting experience that I've had. It gave me that feeling that you get when your swimming and you get water up your nose, but it doesn't go down your throat. After a few tries, I got it to work. I currently still have a headache, but hopefully it will go away in a while.
On our way back from picking up the neti pot, I told Finnegan we'd stop and get a smoothie. So we stopped at Jamba Juice for a Strawberry Nirvana Smoothie with a Daily Vitamin Boost. As the clerk was giving me mine, I asked for a smaller cup I may pour some into for Finn. He gave me a cute little cup, and asked if I wanted the rest that was in the blender. Sweet!! He gets his own and I don't have to share!! :) We sat in the shop and drank some smoothie before getting back into the warm car, and Finnegan took one drink and said "MMM!!! Smoodie!" (Smoothie in toddler speak) It was the cutest thing! He continued to repeat the phrase all the way to the car!! Super fun to explore and enjoy these small things with our sweet boy!
** Well, it was cute while it lasted... I just looked over and he's poked a whole in the side of the Styrofoam cup and there is smoothie all over the couch and him. It was cute while it lasted!! :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
1 comment:
THe Neti pot sounds interesting...where did you get it?
Post a Comment